Creative and Ethical Priority System
Following the initial meeting with the Market manager, you may be invited back for a day’s trade where your stall will be assessed through exhibition. The assessment will be in accordance with the Creative and Ethical Priority System, where the Market manager vets your goods, display and ambience created by your stall. Most importantly you will be assessed on the creative input into your product. UK designers/ makers and small creative businesses supporting ethical trade are rated most highly.
What we are looking for
Customers visit Greenwich Market because they are looking for something that can’t be found elsewhere. That something special might be a gift, meal or experience that is close to being unique and not widely available. The Creative Priority System is used for all stall allocations and is applied to casual traders through a grading system. Grades are used as a means of measuring and illustrating a trader's position in the allocation process. Grades ranging from 1 (highest priority) to 5 (lowest priority) are issued by the Market Manager following initial exhibition. All traders are provided with the information necessary to improve their grade and assessment is constantly reviewed and grades will be changed if sufficient improvement is made. The Market Manager will not accept any new imported jewellery traders onto the market.
All food stalls enquiries MUST email us a menu and photos along with copies of public liability and any other relevant information prior to an appointment.
All jewellery stalls enquiries MUST email the images of their products prior to an appointment.
At your initial exhibition the Market Manager will be looking for:
- Uniqueness of product
- Creative input into product
- An informative, creative and original display
- Ethical sourcing/manufacturing process (e.g. recycled products, fair trade)
- Customer education (information on the products visually and verbally available to customers)
- Interaction of stall and stallholder with Greenwich Market and the public
- Informed salesmanship (full knowledge of the processes involved in bringing the product to market)
Negative factors in assessment are:
- Lack of creative input into product and display
- Limited stock
- Imported/wholesale products
- Common product type
Please note that Greenwich Market does not offer exclusivity to any traders on the market but the Market manager will consider matters such as quality control and clash of stock when deciding whether to offer a new trader the opportunity to trade on a casual basis following the assessment.
Casual stall places are only ever offered after a one on one exhibition has taken place.
Required equipment and materials for trade
Greenwich Market provides:
- A metal stall structure 7 feet wide x 7 feet high x 5 feet deep
- A wooden table top that is between 3 and 3 1/2 feet deep - the table can be moved from the front to back of the stall or can be taken out altogether
- A power point is available to each stall
Traders must bring:
- Their own lighting and must have a (10m +) extension lead which is fitted with a 3 amp fuse
- All leads and appliances must be new and PAT tested, (all reputable shops sell PAT tested leads). Power is limited to 100 Watts per stall, so please use low energy or eco bulbs
- All stalls must display their business name and a written information about the product
- All food stalls enquiries must email us a menu and photos along with copies of public liability and any other relevant information prior to an appointment.
Regularity is not obtained by time served on the market but by frequency of trading.
All stall prices are inclusive of VAT.
PLEASE NOTE FROM 1 APRIL 2016 ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE DEBIT/ CREDIT CARD. NO CASH PAYMENTS ALLOWED.
Craft and Collectables Traders Rates
Monday - £10 per day. Extra stall £5
Tuesday - £15 per day. Extra stall £5
Wednesday - £15 per day. Extra stall £5
Thursday - £15 per day. Extra stall £5
Friday - £15 per day. Extra stall £5
Saturday - £55 per day. Extra stall £55. Preferred spread £30, extra stall £30. Outdoors £30, extra stall £30.
Sunday - £55 per day. Extra stall £55. Preferref spread £30, extra stall £30. Outdoors £30, extra stall £30.
Bank Holiday Rates - £30. Extra stall £15.
Food and Drinks Traders Rates
Monday - Wednesday £20. Extra stall £20
Thursday - Friday £25. Extra stall £25
Saturday - Sunday £75. Extra stall £75.
Bank Holiday Rates £50. Extra stall 350
Monday - Wednesday £30. Extra stall £30.
Thursday - Friday £35. Extra stall £35.
Saturday - Sunday £75. Extra stall £75.
Monday - Wednesday £20.
Thursday - Friday £25.
Saturday - Sunday £60.
Bank Holiday Rates £35. Exrtra stall £35.
Cold Consumables including alcohol sales
Monday - Wednesday £15. Extra stall £15.
Thursday - Friday £20. Extra stall £20.
Saturday - Sunday £60. Extra stall £60.
Bank Holiday Rates £30. Extra stall £30.
Take Home produce
Monday - Wednesday £15. Extra stall £10.
Thursday - Friday £15. Extra stall £15.
Saturday - Sunday £55. Extra stall £55.
Car parking (per car)
Monday - Sunday £10
Overnight Storage £5
Extra Small Cage £7
Dolly (flatbed on wheels) £10
Small Cage £15
Medium Cage £20
Large Cage £25
Jumbo Cage £30
There are also options to store products and separate charges apply for this service.
Familiarisation with the market
Once you are successful in your application, all of your questions about facilities, setting up times, storage can be answered by the Market manager. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org